What is Team Drives?
Team Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Unlike in My Drive, files in Team Drive belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay exactly where they are so your team can continue to share information and get work done.
Training & Support
At a Glance
- Files are owned by the team so if an employee leaves the organization, the files remain in Team Drives
- All team members within the Team Drive see the same content
- When you add a new member to a Google Group, that member is automatically added to all Team Drives that include that group
- Integrates with Google Drive File Stream
- Restrictions moving folders between My Drive and Team Drives
- Cannot use Team Drives with Backup and Sync
- Cannot use File Upload feature in Google Forms that are owned by the Team Drive
- Cannot add Google Maps content into Team Drives
- Permission levels in Team Drives work differently from My Drive and should be reviewed closely before determining which role to assign a team member to. See: What can you do with Team Drives?
- Team Drives have different limits than standard My Drive
- Items dragged to the Trash in Team Drives are automatically and permanentely removed after 30 days (consistent with Gmail, different from My Drive)