FACULTY, STAFF, STUDENTS, AFFILIATES
UC Berkeley faculty, emeriti, staff, students, concurrent enrollment students, visiting scholars, postdocs, and affiliates who have active CalNet IDs are eligible for bConnected Google and Box accounts.
Berkeley IT is evaluating how Berkeley leverages Google’s email and data storage services following recent changes to Google’s pricing structure for educational institutions. Beginning September 6, 2023 the Cal Alumni Network (cal.berkeley.edu) will no longer process new alumni email account requests.
Alumni are not eligible for Box accounts at this time. Sign up for an individual box.com account.
Retirees may sign up for the Retiree bMail service through the UC Berkeley Retirement Center: https://retirement.berkeley.edu/bmail. Retirees are not eligible for Box accounts at this time. Sign up for an individual box.com account.
TERMS OF ELIGIBILITY
- New undergraduate and graduate students are added to our database of within 72 hours of submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).
- New faculty, staff, and affiliates are added to our database 48 hours after the department enters them into the HR System (UCPath).
- Emeriti are able to keep their accounts indefinitely so long as their department enters their status as an emeriti in UCPath.
- Retired faculty and staff may make arrangements to retain their Google accounts. Refer to The Retirement Center for more details.
- Visiting scholars are eligible once they have paid their University Services fee. Refer to Visiting Researcher Scholar. Postdocs are eligible for bConnected accounts once they have been entered into UCPath.
- A Special Purpose Account can be used to create both Google and Box accounts for departmental/institutional purposes.
- CalNet Guest accounts are not eligible for either Google or Box accounts.
If your affiliation has not yet been updated in UCPath, please contact your HR Partner to expedite processing.