FACULTY, STAFF, STUDENTS, AFFILIATES
UC Berkeley faculty, emeriti, staff, students, concurrent enrollment students, visiting scholars, postdocs, and affiliates who have active CalNet IDs are eligible for bConnected Google and Box accounts.
The Cal Alumni Network sponsors bConnected Google accounts for alumni. Accounts can be claimed here: https://cal.berkeley.edu/. Alumni are not eligible for Box accounts at this time. Sign up for an individual box.com account.
Retirees may sign up for the Retiree bMail service through the UC Berkeley Retirement Center: https://retirement.berkeley.edu/bmail. Retirees are not eligible for Box accounts at this time. Sign up for an individual box.com account.
TERMS OF ELIGIBILITY
- New undergraduate and graduate students are added to our database of within 72 hours of submitting their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).
- New faculty, staff, and affiliates are added to our database 48 hours after the department enters them into the HR System (HCM).
- Emeriti are able to keep their accounts indefinitely so long as their department enters their status as an emeriti in HCM.
- Retired faculty and staff may make arrangements to retain their Google accounts. Refer to The Retirement Center for more details.
- Visiting scholars are eligible once they have paid their University Services fee. Refer to Visiting Researcher Scholar. Postdocs are eligible for bConnected accounts once they have been entered into HCM.
- A Special Purpose Account can be used to create both Google and Box accounts for departmental/institutional purposes.
- CalNet Guest accounts are not eligible for either Google or Box accounts.
If your affiliation has not yet been updated in HCM, please contact your HR Partner to expedite processing.