Google Sites allows you to create a simple personal website, wiki, or project site without any prior programming or design skills. With an intuitive drag & drop interface, you can work alone or collaborate with others to build your Site in a short amount of time.
Best uses for Google Sites?
Google Sites is a good solution for:
- Showcasing your portfolio of personal or professional accomplishments
- Creating a project, event, or team website
Note: Google Sites is not appropriate for departmental websites. See Web Design Overview for recommended alternatives.
At a Glance
- Quickly build sites for your project, team, or event using a WYSIWYG editor
- Sites intelligently optimizes your work so it looks great on desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Sites automatically saves every change you make, but your site isn’t public until you publish it
- Limited font selection
- The ability to use a custom DNS names, e.g. setting up comedy.berkeley.edu to point to a Google Site is not currently supported in bConnected