What is Hangouts Meet?
With Google Hangouts Meet, you can hold impromptu video meetings on the go, virtual training classes around the world, remote interviews, and much more.
Best uses for Hangouts Meet?
Hangouts meet is a good solution for:
- Hosting an online meeting with audio and video with up to 50 participants
- Holding an impromptu check-in with teammates
View side-by-side comparison of video conferencing options: Which video conferencing option is best for me?
At a Glance
- Does not require separate account or payment to use
- Host group meetings with up to 50 people, with unlimited time
- Dial-in from phone now standard
- Good video and audio quality with screen-sharing and integrated chat
- No plug-ins required
- Take Meet "on the go" using Android or iOS mobile apps
- Meet with people outside of UC Berkeley (no Google account required for external participants)
- Integrated with bCal, so it's only one click away
- Add someone by phone by phone to a video meeting