What is G Suite for Education?
G Suite for Education is a cloud-based suite of productivity tools, which includes:
- drive (online storage)
- groups (bConnected Lists)
Collectively, these are known as core apps. These core apps are available to the UC Berkeley community (current students, faculty, staff, and certain affiliates) at no-cost, with no advertisements. These apps are covered under the University of California systemwide contract with Google.
Please note: additional Google Consumer Apps are available for your use, but are governed by a contract between you and Google. View full list of enabled Consumer Apps here.
Review Collaboration Options
At a Glance
- Collaboratively create, edit, and share across teams
- Simultaneous editing and chatting within documents
- Mobile applications available for iOS and Android
- Cloud-based hosting
- Approved for MSSEI Level 1 data*
- Data encrypted in transit and at rest
- Unlimited storage
*G Suite for Education is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "critical," including certain personally identifiable human subject data. Please visit the Security website for detailed information related to acceptable data use on G Suite.