March 18, 2020
Google Chat is a great way to stay connected with colleagues. This week we are adding several new features that make Chat even more useful while we’re all working from home.
Chat features include:
- 1:1 instant messaging
- Chat rooms for ongoing and long-term conversations
- Deeply integrated into G Suite, no need to set up or maintain a separate service
- FERPA compliant and covered by a university contract (no click-through legal agreements required)
- Supported by ITCS
- Web access | Desktop app | Android app | iOS app
New features being added:
- Google Chat integration in bMail -- new look, plus rooms
- Bots for Zoom, Drive, etc.
- Ability to turn chat history on/off (retain messages for more than 24 hours)
These new features will be available by the morning of Friday 3/20.