Thursday, January 28, 2016 | 4:00-5:00pm | 210 South Hall
Privacy and Student Analytics:
Student Success or Student Surveillance?
As a place where the brightest minds from across the globe come together to explore, ask questions, and improve the world, UC Berkeley values privacy as a foundation for human dignity, radical creativity, and an ethical and respectful environment. How do we balance these privacy values with the vast potential of data analytics to support student achievement?
Join this lively Data Privacy Day panel discussion and Q&A with:
- Spencer Brown, Computer Science/Political Science Undergraduate, co-chair of the Student Technology Council
- Nils Gilman, Associate Chancellor and Chief of Staff to the Chancellor
- Amber Norori, Society and Environment Undergraduate, Student Technology Council
- Arjun Singh and Sergey Karayev from GradeScope
- Jenn Stringer, Associate CIO, Academic Engagement
- Lisa Ho (moderator), Campus Privacy Officer
View more information about Data Privacy Day.