bCourses Project Sites provide a collaborative workspace within bCourses, Berkeley's LMS powered by Canvas. Project Sites is geared toward faculty/support staff and students already familiar with bCourses for instruction or training purposes.
Best Uses for Project Sites?
bCourses Project Sites is a good solution for:
- Those already familiar with bCourses for instructional purposes
- Creating a workspace for students or instructors to collaborate
- Storing and sharing classroom related materials
Training & Support
At a Glance
- Well-suited for instruction- and training-related projects
- Simple file library and easy-to-use communication tools like wiki and chat
- Instructors and staff can create a bCourses Project site, and anyone with a CalNet ID can be invited to join
- Mobile applications available for iOS and Android
- Cloud-based hosting
- Approved for UC P3 data (formerly UCB PL1)*
- 2 GB storage
- Data is encrypted in transit
*bCourses Project Sites is not acceptable for any institutional data classified as "critical," including certain personally identifiable human subject data. Please visit the Security website for detailed information regarding Level 1 data.